After months of teasing, sharing product photos, test footage and making us hungry for RED Komodo – it’s finally available for order from RED!
Here’s the final Komodo specification:
- 6K Super 35 27.03 x 14.25mm (6144 x 3240)
- R3D files (REDCODE RAW)
- Global Shutter
- Full-sensor up to 6K 40 fps
- 6K WS at 50 fps
- 4K at 60 fps
- 120 fps at 2K
- 12G-SDI output with 2160p at 60 fps
- 3.5mm microphone/headphone
- No XLR
- CFast cards
- Wireless video module
- Touchscreen Display
- Phase Detection Autofocus
- Canon RF mount
- Size: 4″ x 4″ (10.16 cm x 10.16 cm)
- Weight: 2lbs (900g) approx.
It made a pretty big noise in the filmmaking community, and a lot of notable filmmakers shared their photos while filming with pre-production versions of the newest RED Camera.
We, at RawFilm, are extremely excited as Komodo is not only an amazing addition to the RED’s camera lineup, but it’s affordable price will make it much more popular among filmmakers around the world. This will also have an amazing impact on spreading the popularity of R3D coded, which in our opinion is currently one of the best capture codecs available.